Becoming a Reader: The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (The Chronicles of Narnia)It was so fun rereading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.  It really got me in the Easter mood.  I love how C.S. Lewis can write such a brilliant story that both children and adults can enjoy.  It has been years since I read it last, and it meant so much more to me now that I understand the symbolism better.  One thing that really struck me was how much I didn't like Edmund.  He was proud and selfish, and part of me didn't want the perfect Aslan to sacrifice himself for this boy whose own poor choices brought on the punishment.  I quickly changed my mind though and thought that I'm so grateful that a proud and selfish person like me, whose own mistakes should bring punishment, has been given the gift of forgiveness through, the perfect, Christ.  It's a masterpiece.  Who else has read it?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...