Becoming a Reader

Black Maid Sues Over Best-Selling Novel <em>The Help</em>I just finished reading The Help. Everyone I know recommended it, and now I know why. It takes place in Jackson, Mississippi in 1962 and tells the story of African-American maids raising white children. It really makes you think, and for me, having grown up in the west, it gave me a look into a world I never knew existed. It's definitely the best book I've read in a long time. Have you read it? What did you think?

P.S. Did Hilly Holbrook remind anyone else of Dolores Umbridge? Scary!

*Don't forget to enter the letterpress Christmas card giveaway! It closes Tuesday at midnight!

1 comment:

  1. We BOTH just got done reading this book! How fun! It seriously was a great read! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...