Guest Post: Becoming Christmassy, by Katelyn (8)

Thank you, Katelyn for sharing one of your favorite Christmas traditions:

I wanted to share a simple Christmas tradition I had growing up.  At the bottom of our stocking every year we would always receive an orange.  I thought it was kind of weird at first, but when my mom explained that an orange used to very hard to come by at the time of year and be considered a treat (especially by my British grandmother... she was born in 1907, so definitely prized oranges in her stockings) because they were expensive and rare.

I want to continue this tradition with my family.  Even though it's just an orange in a stocking, it is also teaches us about Family History.

image via
What are you doing to become Christmassy? E-mail me at im.becoming.someone@gmail.com to guest post about it!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...