Becoming a Reader: Secret Life

The Secret Life of Bees
Of Bees!  I finished The Secret Life of Bees on Saturday.  Uhm, not my fave.  It was interesting.  I liked the mystery of  not knowing where she came from, seeing the South during the Civil Rights movement, the young love, and of course the beekeeping women.  It was very creative, and the ending was perfect.  I wasn’t sure how she was going to wrap it all up, and she did end it well, but for me, something just didn’t stick.  I’m not sure what it was.  I’ve been trying to figure out why I didn’t love it, and I can’t put my finger on it.  It was interesting, a little mysterious, even a little magical, but not a must-read.  Has anyone else read it?  What did you think?  Did anyone see the movie?  Is that worth watching?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...