Becoming a Grown-Up: Gilmore Girls & Cookie Dough

At this stage of my life, I pretty much do the same thing every day: Get up, go to work, come home, get cracking on the house, and then 'becoming someone' projects .  The other day was the same as always.  I got home, got the laundry going, cleaned, and made dinner.  I put it in the oven and then sat down to eat cookie dough and watch Gilmore Girls until dinner was done/Landon got home.  It was so incredibly luxurious, but just moments later, it hit me: I was a grown up.

*Someone once said if you say the word grown-up (Instead of adult) you're not a grown up. (Can you name that person?)  Guess what?  I'm going to say it anyway.* 

I looked around and realized I was eating a bowl of cookie dough and watching Gilmore Girls and no one was there to tell me I was going to get salmonella poisoning and to do something productive.  It’s official.  I’m a big kid now.

And you know what the best part was?  The realization that I was grown-up wasn't because I had down grown-up things all day like working and cooking and cleaning, it was the fact that I was eating a bowl of cookie dough and watching Gilmore Girls and no one was there to stop me from the glutenous behavior.  That is all.





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! I'm eating cake and it's right before dinner :) I must be grown up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gilmore Girls!!!!! :) and cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...