- Learn what a first down is. It makes everything more enjoyable.
- Say things like, "Do you think we have a shot at a bowl game this year?" They'll go nuts.
- Find things to be impressed by. For me, I don't think a hard hit is that impressive. I mean, they're huge, of course they're going to hit hard. I'm impressed by a great throw or a jumping catch (Is that what you call it?), if they find a hole and make it through, but especially, if they're quick. If you're fast, I'll give you a shout out.
- Watch the crowd. Football fans are VERY entertaining. On Saturday, we had a bunch of old men sitting behind us, and I couldn't stop laughing. Favorite quote, "This is the last game of the season. NOW what are we supposed to do on Saturday?"
- Watch the game on TV. It is SO MUCH better: No weather problems, comfy chairs, ability to do other things while the game is on, lines showing how many yards down and how many to go, SO HELPFUL!
- Go with couples where the wife cares as little as you do, so you can just chat during the game.
Becoming Someone's Wife: Football