Becoming a Reader: Persuasion

Persuasion (Norton Critical Editions)I LOVED Persuasion. In classic Jane Austen fashion, it quickly becomes obvious who the main character will end up with and there's a crazy twist at the end, but it was fun. It was sweet. They all lived happily ever after, and you leave wishing we still spoke like they used to. Here's a taste:

"I can listen no longer in silence. I must speak to you by such means as are within my reach. you pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone forever...I have loved none but you."

Are you intrigued? I watched the movie after, and it was great, too. I think it would be a little confusing if you haven't read the book since they had to leave so much out, but having read the book, it was really fun. Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...