Becoming a Reader: Enna Burning

Enna Burning (Books of Bayern) Trend alert: Shannon Hale’s books start interesting and then get FABULOUS as they go on.  So I REALLY liked this book, possibly more than Goose Girl, which is really saying something.  I related to Enna a lot and really liked that her challenge was internal, as I think most of ours are.  It was smart and interesting, and I LOVED the relationships.  Isi and Geric and Enna and Finn both had beautiful relationships that I really related to my own relationship with Landon Paul.  It has great messages about loyalty, friendship, overcoming fears, and love.  The storyline includes a war between Bayern and a neighboring country, so it’s plenty intense, but the ending was beautiful.  Once again a strong female lead, which I love, but she's not perfect, which was refreshing.  Enna has both very strong and very weak moments, like we all do.  LOVE this book.  LOVE Enna and Finn.  LOVE Shannon Hale.  Have you read it?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...